Industry Recommended Training for Engineers
Engineers and managers without Product Liability Training are ill-equipped to understand and manage the risk of liability claims, which may be caused by errors and omissions in the product design and manufacturing processes, or the way the product is marketed.
This one day course, presented by Phil Stunell, is designed for engineers and managers with no previous legal training, who may be responsible for the design, manufacture or marketing of products that could cause loss or injury.
Developed and presented for engineers by an engineer with industrial experience, this industry recommended course provides a practical introduction to the principles of civil, criminal and contract law, showing how they converge when defective products are found.
Explaining the Law
Working from first principles and using real case studies we show how the law has developed and what it means for producers, suppliers and consumers in global markets.
Delegates will learn how they can reduce the risk Product Liability Claims as they discover:-
- What is their General Duty of Care
- What makes a product defective
- Who is responsible for product defects
- How they can prevent product defects and potential claims
- What to do when they discover a defect or potential defect, in Europe or the USA
- What happens if somebody makes a claim against them
- The evidence required to make or defend a claim
- How to avoid common mistakes when preparing records and other documents
Practical Guidance for Engineers
Delegates will also explore how to:-
- Anticipate and prevent product defects, using the quality management tools and techniques embedded the ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16049:2016 Quality Management Systems to drive improvements in product design and manufacturing quality.
- Record and communicate their concerns about product liability issues in order to eliminate potential defects.
Secure & Confidential
Delivered as in-house training for groups of up to 20 delegates this course will enable delegates to develop a common understanding of their legal responsibilities, with the freedom to discuss sensitive and confidential information during the practical workshop sessions
What Our Clients Think
Stunell Technology has delivered Product Liability Training for clients in the UK, Europe and USA since 2004, and this course was awarded Industry Recommended Status by the Automotive Academy in 2005.
“Stunell Technology ran a series of Product Liability Training courses across four of our European sites, for 90 employees, to ensure that our engineers, account managers, and directors had a sound understanding of automotive legislation. The course covered the US TREAD Act, NHTSA and European legal aspects, from a very real case study engineering basis. Phil Stunell used break-out groups and discussions to engage all participants. Extremely useful, and managed very well across language barriers.”
Matt Snelson, former European Quality Director of Ti Automotive