Formed in 2000, Stunell Technology helps clients identify and solve their problems through a process of continuous improvement – whilst unlocking the potential of their employees and creating a ‘lean culture’
In an increasingly competitive global environment maintaining the status quo is not a survival strategy, and many companies are learning that they can only improve performance by focussing on:-
- Products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Processes that achieve stringent cost, quality and delivery targets
- Systems that maintain control whilst nurturing continuous improvement and innovation
Although the techniques of continuous improvement are well documented, they must be applied to each situation with intelligence and sensitivity in order to sustain the improvement and build a ‘culture’ that works. Taiichi Ohno, creator of the Toyota Production System, recognised the need for a supportive culture as a pre-condition for successful implementation of lean – and we ignore his advice at our peril!
Independent experts with impartial advice
With a background in product development, project management, business development and general management we combine strong technical and commercial skills – and are passionate about creating businesses that deliver goods and services that meet customer requirements, and releasing the potential of their staff so that they enrich the communities they serve.
We undertake ‘independent reviews’ of particular projects or business activities to identify the technical and commercial risks which may arise due to dysfunctional systems, poor engineering or a lack of management control and customer focus.
Our reviews go beyond a traditional audit – focussing on both processes and business strategy – to identify potential problems and, if requested, recommend cost effective solutions that can be implemented.
For managers preoccupied with operational issues, independent reviews provide
- An accurate diagnosis of the their current situation
- A ‘radar’ that detects the next generation of threats and opportunities before they arise
- A plan of action to resolve ‘chronic problems’ and prevent new ones
Enabling managers to perform
Managers who have been promoted because of their technical competence, may struggle to understand the dynamics of the business – and traditional career paths often reinforce the barriers to communication between departments and functional groups. As mentors we work with managers and senior executives to
- Clarify their objectives – probing and challenging their unspoken assumptions – so that they understand the business and market dynamics
- Develop a vision of the future that meets their strategic objectives
- Evaluate alternative strategies that will enable them to translate their vision into reality.
By developing a ‘cross-functional’ understanding of the business we enable companies to establish ‘flow’ within the management systems – often a pre-condition for effective and sustainable business improvement initiatives.
Training that works!
Stunell Technology provides training and support for technical and management staff, equipping them with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to improve the way they work. Our training programme currently includes:-
- Product Liability Training for Engineers and Engineering Managers
- Application of ISO9000 / TS 16949
- Application of the Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis
New courses being developed in response to customer requests will be added during 2007, and through the Excel Partnership we also offer our clients a full range of courses related to quality management and auditor training.